Every effort has been made to ensure that this site is accessible to all users whether they use graphical browsers, text browsers or assistive technologies. It has been designed to meet many aspects of current accessibility standards, such as those defined by the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. The actual level of compliance is indicated by icons on this page.
Please contact us if you have any comments or feedback regarding browser compatibility, accessibility or support.
The following information may be of particular assistance:
- The main menu items immediately above the coloured banner and image each have a numeric keyboard shortcut. The shortcuts start at 1 and increase from left to right. Keyboard shortcuts normally require the Alt key (on a PC) or the Control + Alt keys (on a Mac) to be used in combination with the designated shortcut key, however, not all browsers support shortcuts and some use a different combination of Control/Alt/Shift so check your browser documentation.
- Links in the page footer also have keyboard shortcuts that correspond to the initial letter of the link.
- Keyboard shortcuts can be identified through the link title that is normally visible by hovering the curser over the link.
- A special keyboard shortcut key of "F" will activate the first form field (if present) in the main content area of the page.
- Where a colour coded menu includes subsections these may be accessed via the keyboard by first entering the shortcut for the appropriate colour coded menu and then using the shortcut key "N" (for Next) to cycle through all available subsections.
- A tab key sequence is established for all pages that gives priority to the main page content. The tab key sequence is:
- Main page content items
- Right hand column items (if present)
- Left hand column items (if present)
- Page footer links (such as Site Map, Accessibility etc.)
- Main navigation links (such as Our School, School Office etc.)
- Location bar links
- A number of links, that are hidden to graphical browsers, allow blocks of content (e.g. main navigation links) to be skipped over.