While there is not a complete ban on mobile phones, there are strict guidelines regarding mobile phones in our school.
- Parents must grant permission for their son to carry a mobile phone. Permission slips are available from the office and must be returned to the class teacher.
- Where a parent grants their son permission to have a mobile phone, it must remain switched off and concealed in the school bag throughout the course of the day.
- Under no circumstances are mobile phones permitted on the school yard
- A pupil may switch on a phone after school for the purpose of communication only. Phones must not be used for playing games or displaying/taking images or video.
- Any breach of the above guidelines will result in the confiscation of the phone, which must becollected from the school by the parent/guardian.
- The school will take no responsibility for any phone which is lost, damaged or stolen from a pupil while on the school premises.
- Using a phone to take photos or video of other pupils or staff members is strictly forbidden. Such activity will be deemed to be a breach of the school’s Code of Behaviour.